Shop Local This Christmas - Top Toy Store Recommendations From Our Followers
Sunday, 18 October 2020 | Admin
I read somewhere that the biggest winners of the pandemic so far are the Amazons of the world, so the super rich are getting richer off the back of a pandemic - that has really upset me a lot.
With local, small, independent and family businesses badly affected by the impact of restrictions, we asked our followers for some recommendations so we could compile an easy list of links to where you can shop locally for quality toys to keep small businesses alive and thriving. Thanks to all of our followers for sharing their tips below:
As they say - Buy local or Bye Local!
- Rainbow kids boutique, The Little Wooden Peg, Barn, Kidstore Dublin all do nice toys/gifts/clothes [❤️] all independent irish shops. The little wooden peg only opened her bricks and mortar store not long before covid came so I'd say that's made times harder, and kidstore actually had to shut up their actual store recently [��] Fauna kids does lovely screen printed clothing (formerly moobles and toobles), kotanical do nice oil diffusers and their oils are made here in Ireland - Gillian
- https://www.alphabetjigsaws.com/ - designed in Ireland and ethically made in Sri Lanka. We have a few and they're fab. - Edyta
- My Cotton Drawer has a nice selection of BioBuddy blocks - eco alternative to Lego, and other toys.
- Duffy's in dunleer - Dee (just check the prices - Olly)
- I love www.cogsthebrain.ie for my older boy. They've lots of STEM toys and puzzles. - Patricia
- https://www.littleones.ie/ Have a fab selection of toys. We got some Way to Play road tracks from.them, which my boys love - Edyta
- http://www.woodenheart.ie/ Stumbled upon this little gem while visiting Galway - they have a shop in the centre. Lovely selection of Grimms, and other wooden toys. - Edyta and Aoife
- Nimble fingers, Duffys, fluff heaven, littleones.ie, rbk, mimi toys, toys and games.ie - Lindsay
- https://www.toymaster.co.uk/shops/fagan-toymaster-mullingar/ They have a Christmas club which is super handy for me, I can throw off a few Bob as I have it - Emma
- Jiminy have some fab stuff. Also shopping at little big bike an Irish company - Linda
- I know these aren’t toys but may be handy for buying presents for grandparents/fathers-I got handprint cufflinks for my husband for my husband for Father’s Day, cannot recommend this lady enough https://www.facebook.com/charmbeestudio/
- Duffy’s in Dunleer is probably one of the best toyshops I have ever been in. I remember German toy shops and it is so like them. Better than Hamleys or Harrods in London! Cogs brain store is also brilliant. Opening Minds has some great toys too - Kirsten
- https://www.facebook.com/LearningLabCelbridge/ & they’ve one in Mullingar, lovely bits x - Elizabeth
- Pinocchio’s in Cork. Great Island Gifts in Cobh. - Niamh and Sarah
- Toysdirect.ie in Westport are fabulous and very speedy delivery x - Kerry
- Toy corner, Moycullen - Marie
- Fuddy Duddy is brilliant and some of the best customer service I've had - Olly
- Joyce's toys in Cork City has an excellent range for all ages. Really good for board games and art supplies too. - Bizabeth
- Little Readers has some brilliant jigsaws and wind ups along with great books! based in Carlow - Ruth
- https://www.mimitoys.ie/ is great. Love their arty djeco range. This is a fabulous list. Too easy to click on the first search engine return which is usually A........ But there are so many independent outlets fighting for a corner of the market with great ranges. - Ailish
- Freddie and Millie Toys, Fable Heart and Mermaids and Dragons - Rhona
- Mira Mira in Dublin have a good range of toys on their website. - Sarah
- Robbins in Tullamore, Co. Offaly. Books, Arts, crafts, wooden toys, puzzles , models. Great shop. - Clara
- https://www.thetoyshoponline.ie/ in Malahide and https://robynsnest.ie/ - Jenny
- https://www.giggleandplay.com/ - Cliona
- Back in May / June when no where was open this shop in Mayo saved the day. I’m based in West Cork and couldn’t get much for my kiddies birthday. Thanks Totally Toys - YvonneEducationaltoys.ie is an Irish family run business. There are a few good art stores too, some have sets and toys of sorts corkartsupplies.ie have fantastic customer service and evansartsupplies is family run - Rosa https://www.littleones.ie/ are fab! - Brittany
Thank you to everyone who contributed so far, we'll update as more come in. Hope you find everything you're looking for in one of the places above. I can't believe how many lovely independent toy stores we have locally, can you??!!