When you shop with Earth Mother, we will respect your privacy. There are different ways we gather information about you:
* When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if you place an order, your credit card details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
* We keep a record of your purchases with us, this means we can send you the most relevant offers once you subscribe to the newsletter. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
* We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
Cookies are small text files that web sites can send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned. Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's e-mail address etc. They only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, recognises that cookies are a "legitimate and useful tool" for many activities, including verifying the identity of web site users. The Directive makes it compulsory for web sites to inform users if cookies are being used (which is exactly what we are doing here!), and to provide some information on how cookies are used. You can find more information on this subject at www.aboutcookies.org. Lastly, the Directive places an obligation on web sites to make users aware that they can set their computers to reject cookies. You will find the instructions on how to do this at www.aboutcookies.org However, you should be aware that the Earth Mother website (in common with most other shopping web sites) will not work without cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Data
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
* Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
* Planning and managing Earth Mother business activities, including analysing customers' shopping habits and preferences.
* Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
How We DO NOT Use Your Personal Data.
* We will never pass on your details including email address or telephone number on to a 3rd party for marketing purposes.
* We never pass on credit card details to anyone.