The Little Green Sheep Organic Wool Cot / Cotbed Mattress
Our summary: we've been selling these mattresses for years now to lots of very happy customers. You don't have to worry about any chemicals or toxins being anywhere near your baby as they sleep. And the quality of the materials used is outstanding.
The UK’s only GOTs certified organic mattress
A beautifully hand crafted cot bed mattress from mattress experts The Little Green Sheep. Offering you and your baby the most luxurious of support, every mattress uses a clever combination of certified organic wool and cotton to create a pure and healthy sleeping environment away from chemicals.
Features & Benefits:
Luxurious Organic Support:
- Naturally hypo-allergenic, making this mattress perfect for little ones who suffer with allergies
- Luxury layers of organic lambswool wrapped in an organic cotton cover
- Recommended for babies suffering from skin allergies
- Extra-breathable - to help control your baby's body temperature
- Soil Association certified
- They are handmade for long lasting shape and support
- They are naturally anti-dust mite
- They can be turned over
- They are 100% chemical free
Away From Chemicals:
- Babies spend over 14 hours every day sleeping on their cot bed mattress. With a Little Green Sheep mattress, you can rest easy knowing that your baby is sleeping safely in a pure and healthy environment, free from chemicals and foams and free from fire proofing chemicals (found in most baby mattresses)
Natural Goodness From The Inside:
"Certified, anti-allergy mattress" - Soil Association certified and handmade in Wales, this chemical-free organic wool cot mattress 60x120cm or 70x140cm is extra breathable and perfect for babies that suffer from allergies or eczema.
This Organic Wool cot mattress is handmade in the UK with a deep, firm support and is the only cot mattress to be certified by the Soil Association as organic; ensuring great quality whilst supporting local suppliers. With zero chemicals and using only the finest quality materials, each specifically chosen to help provide the safest and best cot mattress for your baby.
What goes into an Organic Cot Mattress?
* Coconut Fibres - Unlike a traditional sprung cot mattress, our baby mattresses are made using a springy core of natural coconut coir (bound with natural latex) that acts as thousands of tiny springs. This helps to better distribute your baby's weight across the entire mattress and creates a more even sleeping surface, helping to reduce the risk of sagging.
* Organic Welsh Wool - Six luxury layers of organic welsh wool create the perfect support for your baby, naturally dispersing moisture to provide an anti-dust mite environment and help prevent the growth of any harmful bacteria (foam cot mattresses have been proven to encourage the growth of bacteria).
The combination of the organic wool and cotton acts as a natural fire retardant , meaning that no fireproofing chemicals are used and each one of our organic baby mattresses passes UK fireproofing regulations (BS 7177) naturally.
* Organic Cotton Cover - Each cot mattress is finished with a luxurious, non-removable organic Herringbone cotton cover that is extremely durable yet soft. Crucially, this enables every cot mattress to breathe more easily, helping to control your baby's body temperature and avoid the risk of over-heating (as recommended by the NCT to reduce the risk of cot death).
Other Useful Information:
- Ensure that your mattress is a good fit and that the gap between the mattress and bed does not exceed 2cm.
- Hoovering your mattress can help reduce the risk of dust mites.
- Passes BS 7177 and BS 1877-10, naturally
- A waterproof mattress protector is recommended to create an anti-dust mite layer and protect your baby's mattress from any wetness.
Standard Cot 60x120
Standard Cot Bed 70x140
Custom sizes also available, just contact us for prices.
Please note we cannot currently ship mattresses outside of Ireland.