The Little Green Sheep Natural Junior Single Bed Mattress
Our summary: we've been selling these mattresses for years now to lots of very happy customers. You don't have to worry about any chemicals or toxins being anywhere near your child as they grow our of their cots and into their own beds. And the quality of the materials used is outstanding. Please note due to size restrictions, we cannot ship these with our couriers DPD so they are only available for collection from our Dublin 13 office.
A natural sleep doesn't need to stop when they grow out of their cot or toddler bed. This natural junior mattress offers them the support they need as they grow from toddler to teen. Beautifully crafted and handmade using natural ingredients with a medium-firm support,
Little Green Sheep mattresses are naturally breathable and insulating to help regulate your child's body temperature. They are also naturally hypo-allergenic because the wool naturally absorbs and disperses moisture away, creating a clean, dry environment that’s resistant to dust mites & bacteria growth.
Benefits for You and Your Child:
- Free from toxins and harmful chemicals
- Breathable and anti-dust mite
- From 4 - 13 Years
- 100% natural latex for extra comfort
- Naturally anti-dust mite
- 5 year guarantee
- Does not need to be turned
Away From Chemicals:
Kids can spend over 10 hours every day sleeping on their mattress. With a Little Green Sheep mattress, you can rest easy knowing that your child is sleeping safely in a pure and healthy environment, free from chemicals and foams and free from fire proofing chemicals (found in most childrens mattresses). Meets all British Safety standards naturally.
Natural Goodness From The Inside:
When it comes to ingredients, The Little Green Sheep believe natural is best. Each junior mattress is composed of:
- A layer of natural latex that acts as a layer of memory foam and works with the Coconut Coir core to provide the correct progressive support for your child as they grow. Just make sure to to place the mattress label side up when you receive it.
- The mattresses core is created from thousands of Coconut fibres blended together with natural latex to act as thousands of tiny springs, providing support and reducing pressure points which commonly occur with sprung type mattresses that can dip when being used for such a length of time.
- On the inside of the cover there is a layer of wool. Wool brings an abundance of benefits to your little sleeper, it's naturally hypo-allergenic and temperature regulating with excellent breathability. It’s also a natural defence against dust mites and a natural fire retardant, meaning that Little Green Sheep mattresses pass the UK and European Fire Regulation Tests without the need of any chemical fire retardant sprays.
- Holding all these layers together is a luxury Herringbone cotton cover. The cover helps aid the breathability of the mattress and is soft against your child's delicate skin, so they can sleep comfortably time and time again. The mattress cover is not waterproof. So you will need a mattress protector to keep your mattress clean and dry for longer.
Size: 90 x 190 x 13cm
Passes BS 7177 and BS 16890
A waterproof mattress protector is required - we recommend using our breathable 90x190cm 100% waterproof mattress protector to keep your mattress in the best possible condition, to create an anti-dust mite layer and protect your mattress from any wetness, accidents and spillages.
Non-removable outer cover: sponge clean only. If the mattress and bed frame are sponge cleaned, you MUST ensure they have been allowed to air dry fully before use.
Mattresses are not suitable for use with a sensor pad or sleep aids.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How should I care for my mattress?
The Twist mattress is not waterproof, and the cover can not be machine washed. The surface can be gently cleaned with a damp sponge and mild detergent, before allowing to air dry before use. Therefore we recommend that you don't forget your mattress protector to keep your mattress clean and dry for longer. We recommend the mattress protector is put on a gentle wash at 40 degrees, and then put on a low heat tumble dry setting.
How should I store the mattress as I am not using it until my child is ready for their single bed?
We recommend that the mattress is stored at a consistent room temperature. Attics, out-houses, or sheds are therefore not suitable
Size: 90 x 190cm (Standard Single) or 90 x 200 (Ikea size)
Please note we cannot currently ship single mattresses by our DPD couriers as they are too big for courier companies. You will need to collect your mattress from our offices in Dublin 13 or arrange your own furniture pick up service from our office.