Cocoonababy Nest Bundle with Fitted Sheet Plus Spare Sheet - White
This handy value bundle contains an extra sheet as well as the original sheet so you always have a spare when one is in the wash.
The Cocoonababy nest was originally developed for premature babies on the neonatal ward of the North Hospital (Hôpital Nord) in Marseilles, France.
As time went by, the medical team realised that if full term babies were to lie in a similar nest they would also benefit from the advantages gained by the preemies. So, working closely with the medical team, Red Castle France created a larger version of the Cocoonababy nest for full term infants to use for the first four months of their lives. This model is available throughout France and abroad in shops and on websites which sell Red Castle products. In the Cocoonababy nest, your baby lies on his back in a semi-foetal, “contained” position. Whilst conforming to the medical recommendation that newborns should sleep on their backs, in the Cocoonababy nest, a child feels as safe and secure as he did when in his mother’s womb.
The semi-foetal position helps him to sleep longer and better. It also helps to avoid startle reflex (when a peaceful, sleeping baby suddenly throws his arms outwards and wakes up crying). It limits the risk of your baby getting a flat head, suffering from reflux and, by enabling your baby to touch his face and mouth, it helps him learn to control his movements (liberate and direct his motricity). The semi-foetal position also helps your baby develop relationships with those around him whereas lying flat on his back he would be looking at the ceiling or would invariably have his head turned to the same side (which is the position he adopted latterly in the womb).
This newborn version is for children weighing 2.8kg (6.2 lbs) and more. The Cocoonababy nest includes:
• an adjustable wedge which can be moved down the nest as baby grows, during his first 4 months.
• a white Fleur de Coton fabric fitted sheet.
• a Tummy band which maintains the child in an ideal position without impeding his freedom of movement.
During the first few months of a newborn baby’s life, the ergonomically shaped Cocoonababy will reassure your baby and help him or her adapt as well as possible to their new life. Lying in the nest, the baby, having left the boundaries of his mother’s womb, feels ‘contained’ and comforted.
The Cocoonababy allows your baby to adopt a semi-foetal, cradled posture with his or her shoulders and spine slightly rounded. This has many advantages including:
* It allows your baby to touch their face and mouth like he or she did in the womb giving them reassurance.
* It can help reduce gastric reflux.
* It can limit the risks of cranial 'flat head' syndrome, commonly caused when baby sleeps on his back on a traditional mattress.
* It frees and directs the baby's movement, which can help hand eye co-ordination development.
* It can improve the interactivity between the baby and those around him/her.
* It can be used to co-sleep with your baby
It is not recommended to put it outside in the sun to air it and let the sun “sterilize” it, because the sun may discolour the foam.
Suitable for 0-4 months
Dimensions: 69cm long x 39 cm wide x 17cm deep (at the top - approx 14 cm for the rest)