Best Bottom Cloth Nappy Stay Dry Inserts
The Best Bottom Stay Dry Insert consists of 4 layers of super thirsty microfibre topped with a super soft no-pill fleece, pulling wetness away from baby's bottom and keeping them feeling dry and free of irritation.
They easily snap into the Best Bottom diaper shell. Best Bottom cloth diaper inserts are made specifically for Best Bottom covers but can be used with other brands too.
Available in a 3 pack in the following sizes:
Small (Birth-14 lbs.)
Medium (11-22 lbs.)
Large (16-35 lbs.)
How do Best Bottoms work?:
The Best Bottom one-size nappy system is easy to snap together and go. You choose the reusable insert and wrap that works for your baby.
Many may start researching cloth nappies, get overwhelmed and quit. Best Bottoms are so easy to use and (hopefully!) understand yet comes with lots of options so you can get a customized system for your baby. Best Bottom nappies fit from birth to 35+ lbs. With an added special leg gussets to help keep everything in and guard against leaks and an adjustable rise with four settings (great for newborns as it sits nicely below the umbilical cord all the way up to toddlers).
- First of all you'll need some wraps (one size fits all) and some inserts (different sizes available: S/M/L and different materials: Stary Dry or Hemp).
- Adjust the front snaps on the wrap to achieve the size needed - there are 4 sizes in total so they will last from birth to potty training.
- Then snap an insert into the nappy cover.
- Put the nappy on baby and go!
- When your baby needs a nappy change, snap out the soiled insert and snap in a clean one. The nappy cover may need a quick wipe or may not. The Best Bottom shell/cover/wrap is wipe-able and can be used multiple times before washing but you may want to air dry between uses but it is not necessary.
- Put nappy on your baby and go AGAIN.
We recommend getting as many shells as your baby does a number two in a 2-3 day time period (for newborns count how many explosions they have!!). We have found that poo does stay on the insert most of the time but in some cases it may not (but it will stay in the nappy cover avoiding an embarassing mess!)
Three different size inserts in several different materials are available. You may not need all three sizes of inserts and can skip the middle size - it is all up to you! We recommend approximately 24 inserts per size.
So to make it SIMPLE you will need approx 8-10 shells and 18-24 inserts per size. How easy is that?!
Best Bottom Quality:
The highest quality of materials available have been selected. Best Bottom use durable snaps and hook & loop with a double layer of waterproof PUL creating a perfect no-leak sturdy shell with a wipe-able inside lasting for many washes.
Washing Instructions - Oh so easy!
We recommend washing every 2-3 days. We have found that the Best Bottom system washes beautifully as it takes up less space in your washing machine allowing more room for agitation getting your diapers super clean.
- Remove solids
- Reuse the shell until soiled or wash day. Separate shell from insert before washing. Fasten laundry tabs (if applicable on velcro style only).
- Do a cold rinse or cold quick wash (no detergent).
- Warm or hot (not sanitary) full wash with 3/4 to full amount of additive-free detergent. Use the most amount of water possible.
*Tip! Throw a soaking wet towel into your washing machine to "trick" it into using more water.
- Extra rinse.
- Inserts can be tumble dried. Shells should be line dried or tumble dried on low heat.
*No fabric softeners, dryer sheets or additives such as bleach, vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, oxyclean, etc. should be used.
**Rash creams can only be used with a barrier between baby and the nappy eg: a nappy liner.
***We know that additive-free detergents work and are least likely to cause any problems with your nappies.
The story behind Best Bottoms:
After years of experience, Nicki the owner of Nicki's Diapers created a new diaper taking the pros of all the different nappy systems and eliminated the cons. This resulted in the Best cloth diaper system available - trimmest fitting and highly absorbent! To help reduce early confusion and that overwhelmed feeling when researching cloth nappies, the Best Bottom nappy has simplified cloth diapering while making one of the most economical systems. The Best Bottom one size diapering system is not a pocket nappy, not an all in one, not a fitted diaper, and not a prefold system... it is the best of all types!
There are also other optional inserts to accommodate for all situations. The Overnight option makes using cloth at night with no leaks a breeze! Each Stay Dry Overnight insert consists of 6 layers of super thirsty microfiber made to fit with any Regular insert option of the same size. Hemp/Organic Cotton Overnight inserts are also available. Snap in the Overnight option and snap a Regular insert on top - you choose if you want to use the Stay Dry option or Hemp/Organic Cotton option.