If you want to get a good nights sleep, have an Epsom salt bath!
Epsom Salt, also known as Magnesium Sulphate, is a well known salt used for muscle relaxation, sports injuries and general relaxation and detoxification. Epsom salt was originally discovered in Epsom, Surrey and are now produced from natural minerals globally.
Westlab Epsom salts are chemically pure, high grade magnesium sulphate sourced and processed naturally. the detoxifying effects and health benefits have been known for many years, bathing in Epsom salts is now a very popular treatment for sports injuries as it helps the muscles relax and increases magnesium and sulphate levels.
Detoxification of your body through bathing is an ancient remedy that anyone can perform in the comfort of their own home. In detoxification circles, your skin is known as the third kidney, and toxins are excreted through sweating. A detox bath is thought to assist your body in eliminating toxins as well as absorbing the minerals and nutrients that are in the water.
Soaking in Epsom salts actually helps replenish the body's magnesium level, combating hypertension. The sulfate flushes toxins and helps form proteins in brain tissue and joints.
How to detox, relax and rejuvenate in an Epsom salt bath:
1. Try to take at least 20 minutes in the bath but the longer the better - 40 minutes is optimal which gives 20 minutes to detox and 20 minutes to soak up the minerals. So chose a time when you have time to spare.
2. Mix 2 cups full of Epsom salts with one cup of bicarbonate of soda. Baking soda is known for its cleansing ability and even has anti-fungal properties. The bicarbonate of soda neutralises any toxins present in the water like flouride. It also leaves skin very soft.
3. You can also add essential oils to your bath; lavender or ylang ylang smell lovely and help to relax you.
4. If you want to really detox, add a few spoons of ground ginger, as this will increase your body heat and make you sweat more - great if you are trying to get rid of a cold or bug.
5. Soak for at least 20 minutes, 40 is optimal. When you get out of the bath, use a body brush to eliminate dead skin cells and rejuvenate your skin and body.
6. Drink lots of water.
1kg resealable stand up pouch.