Sonett Dishwashing Powder for Dishwashers - 100% Biodegradable 1.5kg
Our Summary: Sonett are an amazing range of cleaning products. You will love the delicate fragrances as well as the powerful cleaning ability - but the most amazing part is they have worked out a way to renaturise the waste water so that it isn’t harmful to the environment. A total win win for everyone!
Doing the dishes. laundry and cleaning are essential to everyday life - but they do pollute water. There can be many harmful ingredients in mainstream cleaning products including synthetic fragrances which can cause allergies and damage to the environment. Sonett are an ecologically conscious range of cleaning products that help protect nature - especially water - and are skin-friendly and economical to use. They are passionate about protecting natural water resources by using completely biodegradable raw materials that increase the cleaning performance of the water, while focusing on its reintegration afterwards to biodegrade naturally in the environment.
Even though Sonett abstain from using any aggressive chlorinated bleaching agents, phosphates, enzymes or synthetic protective substances for silverware etc, it cleans even stubborn dirt with exceptional ease.
- For household dishwashers
- Not suitable for silver, lead crystal and hand-painted porcelain.
- Dosage 30ml per washing cycle.
- Important note to ensure good dishwashing results: Adjust the built-in water softener in your dishwasher to be 8 °dH (German degrees) above your local water hardness.
Origin and properties of the ingredients in the Sonett Dishwashing Detergent:
Silicates are obtained by fusing sand with sodium carbonate and, thanks to their alkalinity, are capable of modifying grease on dishes by saponification, thus making it water-soluble. These silicates make stuck-on food leftovers swell, thus loosening them. Sodium carbonate, manufactured from common salt and lime, disperses the grease into fine droplets, thus supporting the fat-dissolving property of the silicates. Citrate, obtained by fermenting sugar-containing by-products such as molasses, is added to the dishwasher detergent in order to bind lime in the dishwashing water and to protect the machine from deposits, since it is a well-known fact that many dishwashers do not soften the water sufficiently, despite built-in ion exchanger (water softener devices).
Benefits for You and the Environment:
- All ingredients come from 100% biodegradable vegetable and mineral raw materials.
- High proportions of raw materials are from biodynamic or controlled organic cultivation.
- All Sonett products are free from enzymes, petrochemical surfactants, synthetic fragrances, colourings and preservatives, genetic engineering and nanotechnology.
- All fragrances are from pure natural essential oils that are 100% organically grown.
- All ingredients are fully declared and certified according to one of the world's highest standards: NCP (Nature Care Product) for ecological detergents and cleaning agents and NCS (Natural Cosmetics Standard) for ecological cosmetics and body care.
- Therefore, all Sonett products are extremely skin-friendly and suitable for many allergy sufferers.
- Vegan society approved.
The Unique Quality of Sonett Products :
When we wash dishes or clothes, rinse or wash our hair, we use surfactant-containing agents that neutralize the surface tension, ie the drop-forming force of the water. But we destroy water as a food in the process of this surfactant based cleaning. It is all the more important that the surface-relaxing effect of the surfactants is broken down as soon as possible after use and that the water can quickly reintegrate into the natural cycle.
The treatment of water plays an essential role at Sonett. All of the production water (currently approx. 10,000 l per day) is passed through a swirl system. The water flows without pressure through 12 egg-shaped glass vessels and accelerates to funnel vortices to give it back to same energy as pure spring water.
To support the renaturation of used water, rhythmic substances are added to Sonett detergents and cleaning agents in an oloid mixer. These balsamic additives of frankincense, gold, myrrh, laurel, olive oil, rose ash and mistletoe are moved rhythmically and added in the smallest quantities to finished detergents and cleaning agents. The movement impressed on the balsamic additives in the mixer supports the waters renaturation once it goes down the drain.
Sonett are also social pioneers: the labelling of many of the Sonett products is carried out by special needs communities close by. Sonett is based on partnership principles and has been transferred to a Non-Profit Foundation. Vegan Society certified.
Suitable for septic tanks and filtration systems.
Sodium silicate, sodium citrate, sodium percarbonate, sodium carbonate, sodium metasilicate