Haakaa Lid for the Haakaa Breastpump - No Spills, No Leaks
The perfect little accessory for your Haakaa silicone breast pump,
The lid sits tight in the neck of your breast pump and will stop any spills or accidents. Made from 100% silicone and will fit in both 100ml and 150ml size breast pump. The cap will sit perfectly on top of your Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump to keep it clean in between uses and prevent your precious breast milk from becoming contaminated.
Simply place the cap over the suction cup of the Haakaa pump, and then you can put your pump to one side while you continue feeding, without having to worry about anything getting into the pump and contaminating your breast milk.
NOTE: The Haakaa Breast Pump Caps are designed to keep your pumps clean in between uses, and protect your milk from contamination - they do NOT provide a tight seal, and can fall off if left to move around in your bag or dropped. If you need to transport or store your milk, please transfer it into a bottle or storage bag.
If you are looking for something that will provide an airtight seal for your Haakaa pumps, check out the Haakaa Flower Stopper.
Clean after each use. This product can be sterilised with any steam sterilising system or boiling water. No bleach based agents.
How to use your Haakaa breast pump:
- Sterilise your Haakaa pump even before first use.
- Place the top of pump over your nipple and make sure your nipple is in the neck of the pump and comfortable.
- Apply suction – you may need to adjust a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable you can squeeze the base of the pump (not interfering with the top/suction) to create some movement.
- Use a warm flannel and gently massage the top of your breast to help milk flow better.
- Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
- Once the breast pump becomes full, empty into a storage bottle/bag or use the compatible Haakaa lid to store in the pump itself and keep it sterile.
- Clean after each use. This product can be sterilised with any steam sterilising system or boiling water.
Tips for best use of your Haakaa breast pump:
- Once you have suctioned your pump on, leave it alone, there is no need to keep checking it or repositioning it.
- Usually after 5 - 10 minutes you can gently remove your pump.
- It will hold about 150ml in total.
- Remember nursing is all about supply and demand, so if you are feeding every 2 hours it may be wise to only use the pump occasionally, but if are feeding every 3-4 hours you can use the pump to express more that will easily be replaced by the time the next feed comes around.
- It works well on all shapes and sizes.