Best Bottoms Reusable Cloth Nappies 2 Week Trial
Most people who take the plunge and use cloth nappies think it's the best move they ever made. But it's a big investment initially. So to help you experience them before making your purchase, you can hire a trial pack for 2 weeks along with some liners and a wetbag. This should give you enough time to get a good feel for how great they are!
Cost: €20 for 2 weeks plus a fully refundable deposit of €80. So it will cost you €99 initially but €80 is returned to you when the nappies are returned to us or you can use it as credit against a purchase of nappies and we will pick up the trial pack when we deliver your new nappies.
Your trial pack will contain:
- 5 Best Bottom wraps (one size fits all from birth to potty training)
- 5 stay dry inserts (in the size you chose)
- 5 hemp cotton inserts (in the size you chose)
- 2 hemp cotton overnight inserts (in the size you chose)
- 1 bumGenius Freetime all in one cloth nappy for comparison
- 1 bumGenius Elemental organic cotton all in one cloth nappy for comparison
- 1 Popolini disposable liners (great for getting rid of number 2s - should not be flushed)
- 1 Planetwise wetbag (for dirty nappy storage before washing)
- 1 Bio D Nappy Fresh Nappy sanitiser (stain remover and anti-bacterial to be used alongside your regular detergent)
- Free delivery
The nappies will be 'preloved' (ie: they are not new) but will arrive to you clean and ready to use.
We expect to receive them back in the same excellent condition you received them in at the end of the fortnight.
You will receive a mixture of mainly Best Bottom nappys with some bumGenius nappies, so that you can test all options and decide which you prefer.
You will receive full instructions for how to wash, care for and put the nappies on your baby. You can also ring us on 01-8397637 or email at any time with any questions.
At the end of the 2 weeks, if you decide to make a purchase, we will pick up the hire pack FOR FREE when we deliver your order. If you decide not to make a purchase, you will be responsible for the postage costs back to Earth Mother. (approx €10)
If the nappies do not arrive back in a reasonable time after the due date, we reserve the right to hold some or all of the deposit.
If the nappies do not arrive back in a reasonable condition, we reserve the right to charge for some or all of the nappies from the deposit.
If the package arrives back with no Popolini liners or Bio D Nappy Fresh after sending out a new roll or box, we reserve the right to charge for these items.
Once the nappies have arrived back safely and in good condition, the deposit will be immediately refunded to your account.
How do Best Bottoms work?:
The Best Bottom one-size nappy system is easy to snap together and go. You choose the reusable insert and wrap that works for your baby.
Many may start researching cloth nappies, get overwhelmed and quit. Best Bottoms are so easy to use and (hopefully!) understand yet comes with lots of options so you can get a customized system for your baby. Best Bottom nappies fit from birth to 35+ lbs. With an added special leg gussets to help keep everything in and guard against leaks and an adjustable rise with four settings (great for newborns as it sits nicely below the umbilical cord, all the way up to toddlers).
- First of all you'll need some wraps (one size fits all) and some inserts (different sizes available: S/M/L and different materials: Stay Dry or Hemp).
- Adjust the front snaps on the wrap to achieve the size needed - there are 4 sizes in total so they will last from birth to potty training.
- Then snap an insert into the nappy cover.
- Put the nappy on baby and go!
- When your baby needs a nappy change, snap out the soiled insert and snap in a clean one. The nappy cover may need a quick wipe or may not. The Best Bottom shell/cover/wrap is wipe-able and can be used multiple times before washing but you may want to air dry between uses but it is not necessary.
Three different size inserts in several different materials are available. You may not need all three sizes of inserts and can skip the middle size - it is all up to you! We recommend approximately 8-10 shells in total and 18-24 inserts per size in total to have everything you need and never be low. How easy is that?!
Best Bottom Quality:
The highest qBest Bottom use durable snaps and hook & loop with a double layer of waterproof PUL creating a perfect no-leak sturdy shell with a wipe-able inside lasting for many washes.
Washing Instructions - Oh so easy!
We recommend washing every 2-3 days. We have found that the Best Bottom system washes beautifully as it takes up less space in your washing machine allowing more room for agitation getting your diapers super clean.
- Remove solids
- Reuse the shell until soiled or wash day. Separate shell from insert before washing. Fasten laundry tabs (if applicable on velcro style only).
- Do a cold rinse or cold quick wash (no detergent).
- Warm or hot (not sanitary) full wash with 3/4 to full amount of additive-free detergent. Use the most amount of water possible.
*Tip! Throw a soaking wet towel into your washing machine to "trick" it into using more water.
- Extra rinse.
- Inserts can be tumble dried. Shells should be line dried or tumble dried on low heat.
*No fabric softeners, dryer sheets or additives such as bleach, vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, oxyclean, etc. should be used.
**Rash creams can only be used with a barrier between baby and the nappy eg: a nappy liner.
***We know that additive-free detergents work and are least likely to cause any problems with your nappies.
There are also other optional inserts to accommodate for all situations. The Overnight option makes using cloth at night with no leaks a breeze! Each Stay Dry Overnight insert consists of 6 layers of super thirsty microfiber made to fit with any Regular insert option of the same size. Hemp/Organic Cotton Overnight inserts are also available. Snap in the Overnight option and snap a Regular insert on top - you choose if you want to use the Stay Dry option or Hemp/Organic Cotton option.
What's the difference with the inserts?
The stay dry insert is made from microfibre fleece so is a manmade material, great for drying and good for daytime soakage. The hemp organic cotton inserts are natural and breathable and will hold a lot more wetness so great for overnight etc but they do take much longer to dry, The overnight insert is a thicker, more absorbent version of the regular hemp organic cotton insert.