Best Bottom Bigger Cloth Nappy Loch Ness
The Best Bottom one-size nappy system is easy to snap together and go.
The Best Bottom nappy shell is designed to fit babies 10-45+ lbs, with added special leg gussets to help keep everything in and guard against leaks, adjustable rise with four settings (great for newborns as it sits nicely below the umbilical cord) all the way up to toddlers, and overlapping snap closure. After the nappy is on, pull the leg gussets out around baby's legs. This will guard against leaks and help avoid any red marks.
The Bigger Best Bottom one-size system is easy to snap together and go. You choose the different types of reusable insert that works for your baby. Leg gussets guard against leaks. The Bigger shell provides a roomier fit as compared to the original Best Bottom Diaper - with 1.5" added to the added to the waist and 1" added to the length of the rise.
You choose the different types of reusable inserts that work for your baby.
Many may start researching cloth nappies, get overwhelmed and quit. Best Bottoms are so easy to use and (hopefully!) understand yet comes with lots of options so you can get a customized system for your baby.
How do Best Bottoms work?:
- First of all you'll need some wraps (one size fits all) and some inserts (different sizes available: S/M/L and different materials: Stary Dry or Hemp).
- Adjust the front snaps on the wrap to achieve the size needed - there are 4 sizes in total so they will last from birth to potty training.
- Then snap an insert into the nappy cover.
- Put the nappy on baby and go!
- When your baby needs a nappy change, snap out the soiled insert and snap in a clean one. The nappy cover may need a quick wipe or may not. The Best Bottom shell/cover/wrap is wipe-able and can be used multiple times before washing but you may want to air dry between uses but it is not necessary.
- Put nappy on your baby and go AGAIN.
We recommend getting about 8 outer wraps and 18-20 inserts for full time use. We have found that poo does stay on the insert most of the time but in some cases it may not (but it will stay in the nappy cover avoiding an embarrassing mess!)
Three different size inserts S/M/L come in several different materials. You may not need all three sizes of inserts and can skip the middle size - it is all up to you! We recommend approximately 18-20 inserts per size.
So to make it SIMPLE you will need approx 8-10 shells and 18-20 inserts per size. How easy is that?!
Best Bottom Quality:
The highest quality of materials available have been selected. Best Bottom use durable snaps and hook & loop with a double layer of waterproof PUL creating a perfect no-leak sturdy shell with a wipe-able inside lasting for many washes.
Washing Instructions - Oh so easy!
We recommend washing every 2-3 days. We have found that the Best Bottom system washes beautifully as it takes up less space in your washing machine allowing more room for agitation getting your diapers super clean.
- Remove solids
- Reuse the shell until soiled or wash day. Separate shell from insert before washing. Fasten laundry tabs (if applicable on velcro style only).
- Do a cold rinse or cold quick wash (no detergent).
- Warm or hot (not sanitary) full wash with 3/4 to full amount of additive-free detergent. Use the most amount of water possible.
*Tip! Throw a soaking wet towel into your washing machine to "trick" it into using more water.
- Extra rinse.
- Inserts can be tumble dried. Shells should be line dried or tumble dried on low heat.
*No fabric softeners, dryer sheets or additives such as bleach, vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, oxyclean, etc. should be used.
**Rash creams can only be used with a barrier between baby and the nappy eg: a nappy liner.
***We know that additive-free detergents work and are least likely to cause any problems with your nappies.
The story behind Best Bottoms:
After years of experience, Nicki the owner of Nicki's Diapers created a new diaper taking the pros of all the different nappy systems and eliminated the cons. This resulted in the Best cloth diaper system available - trimmest fitting and highly absorbent! To help reduce early confusion and that overwhelmed feeling when researching cloth nappies, the Best Bottom nappy has simplified cloth diapering while making one of the most economical systems. The Best Bottom one size diapering system is not a pocket nappy, not an all in one, not a fitted diaper, and not a prefold system... it is the best of all types!
There are also other optional inserts to accommodate for all situations. The Overnight option makes using cloth at night with no leaks a breeze! Each Stay Dry Overnight insert consists of 6 layers of super thirsty microfiber made to fit with any Regular insert option of the same size. Hemp/Organic Cotton Overnight inserts are also available. Snap in the Overnight option and snap a Regular insert on top - you choose if you want to use the Stay Dry option or Hemp/Organic Cotton option.
Available in snaps closure only