To handpick your colours and choice of snaps or velcro, please add your choice in the comments box at the checkout or ring us on 01-8390086. We may not always have all types in stock - in this case we will contact you to let you know what is available or how it will take to order in your preferences (usually about 5 working days).
* Little Genius Value Set - €92.99
- 5 bumgenius v4 or freetime nappies to test the waters before plunging into the deep!
* Middle Genius Value Set - €186.99
- 10 bumgenius v4 or freetime nappies
- 1 pack Popolini nappy liners (100 per roll)
- FREE delivery
* Big Genius Value Set - €359.99
Everything you need to become a cloth nappy supremo!
- 20 bumgenius v4 or freetime nappies
- 1 pack Popolini nappy liners (100 per roll)
- 1 pack Bio D nappy wash
- FREE delivery
* Little Genius Accessories Value Pack - €18.99
Consists of the basic accessories you will need to go with your bumGenius nappies
- 1 pack Popolini nappy liners (on a roll)
- 1 pack Bio D nappy wash
- 1 mesh laundry bag
- 1 outdoor bag
* Big Genius Accessories Value Pack - €37.99
Consists of all the accessories you will need to go with your bumGenius nappies
- 2 packs Popolini nappy liners (one roll and one box)
- 1 mesh laundry bag
- 1 Bio D nappy wash
- 1 outdoor bag
- 1 nappy bucket
Easy to follow guide to bumGenius one size cloth nappies...
• This one size nappy can be used from birth to potty - no need to buy small, medium and large sizes, you can adjust this one as your baby grows (from approx 8-35 pounds), saving you money and hassle.
• Made up of a soft outer nappy with a pocket which holds the inner pad - both of which get washed each time (hence the name pocket nappy).
• So easy to use, you put them on just like disposables.
• Easy to wash – up to 60 degrees. Just use a little antibacterial nappy wash if you are washing at 30/40 (check out our Bio D Nappy Wash).
• Easy to dry – tumble on a low heat or hang on the line.
• No soaking required - leave them in a dry plastic bucket with a sealed lid until you have enough to do a wash (usually every 2 -3 days). Check out our nappy bucketmesh bag to make it even easier from bucket to machine.
• Trim, snug and comfortable sretchy tabs provide improved fit.
• Wide slot makes it easy to stuff and remove the insert.
• Slot cover keeps your baby protected from wetness.
• New waterproof insert stopper prevents leaking at the tummy.
Each nappy includes an outer coloured waterproof 'pocket' nappy and two inserts: a newborn insert from birth and a one-size insert for your older baby. When the baby outgrows the newborn insert, it works great as an overnight booster or as extra absorbency for a heavy wetter.
How many do I need?
We recommend 20 nappies. You will probably go through approx 6-8 a day, especially in the early days, so this amount means you will only have to do a wash every 2-3 days approx - some nappies will be drying, some will be in the wash and some will be ready to use.
What styles and colours are available?
The V4 is available in 2 styles - you can either have a snaps or a velcro (hook and loop) opening at the waistband. Both have (very) slight advantages and disadvantages over each other. The snaps may prove more hardy in the long run (for your second or third child) and they did fit our son for a little longer (the velcro were getting too small when he was 2.5 but he lasted in the snaps until he was 2 and three quarters!). The velcro can give a slightly snugger fit at certain growth stages (especially the early days) and can be put on a bit quicker if your little one is a wriggler. Lots of customers ask what they should go for and we normally recommend a mix of the 2 and then you have the best of both worlds!
Here is the current colour chart. If we dont have your choice in stock, we can normally get it in within a week or two for you.
How do I wash them?
Before first use, wash at 40 degrees 3-5 times without detergent - this will help increase the initial absorbency and 'fluff them up' to hold more moisture. When a nappy is dirty, remove the insert from the outer nappy and store both items in a DRY bucket with a lid until ready to wash. For velcro fastening nappies, fasten the velcro tabs to the laundry tabs on the inside of the nappy to prevent them sticking to other nappies. bumGenius are easy to wash at up to 60 degrees. Just use a little antibacterial nappy wash if you are washing at 30/40 degrees (check out our Bio D Nappy Wash) as not all bacteria is killed at less than 60. On occasion, or each time, you can also prewash cold, then do your normal hot wash. This stops urine from 'locking in' by rinsing it out first.
NB: Use ¼ to ½ (¼ for high efficiency machines, ½ in regular machines) of your usual non-bio washing powder or liquid (we prefer liquid) - if you use too much detergent, it will build up as residue in the nappy and decrease absorbency. Never use fabric conditioner/softener as this will also greatly decrease absorbency.
Easy to dry – tumble the inserts on a low heat or hang on the line, the nappy outer is almost dry when it comes out of the washing machine so we wouldn't recommend tumble drying it. Every now and again, wash all nappies with no detergent at all to 'strip' them and help prevent washing detergent residue build up as this can decrease absorbency.
What are nappy liners?
Nappy liners are thin sheets of paper that can sit inside the bumgenius nappy to help keep them cleaner after your baby does a number two. The liner can be hygienically flushed down the toilet with any solid waste inside it and the nappy itself stays much cleaner for the washing machine. We highly recommend that you use nappy liners along with your cloth nappies as they will make life much easier! We stock 100% biodegradable liners by Popolini on a roll (suitable for newborns) or in a box (suitable for all ages). We also recommend that you use liners if you are using nappy creams that contain oil so that the oil doesn't get stuck on the material affecting its ability to wick moisture away from your babies bum.
Only the best for your baby:
The soft, waterproof outer fabric keeps the nappy just as trim on a newborn setting as it is on a toddler. Soft, sueded inner fabric wicks moisture away from your baby's skin. Super stretchy, ultra gentle leg and back elastic with rolled out casings keep the yuk in and help keep red marks away. Plus, the unique covered (patent pending) pocket opening keeps wetness completely off your baby. After the nappy has been used, you can even avoid messes in your bucket by rolling it up and fastening the tabs before storage. The microfibre inserts are made in China and the nappy is made in Egypt. Fair wage and safe labour standards apply.
Money Back Guarantee:
The bumGenius! Satisfaction Guarantee gives you two weeks to evaluate your purchase. Try one nappy, use it for two weeks. If you don't like it, send it back along with any others you purchased (as long as they are unused and unwashed) and get 100% of your purchase price back.
The ingenious bumGenius wins even more GOLDS! 02 Oct. 2009 -
bumGenius, Europe’s leading real nappy distributed by Newry company Baba Me, has just won GOLD at the Practical Parenting and Practical Pre-School Awards this week. The hugely successful nappy range picked up two gold awards for the category of ‘best reusable nappy’. It’s no surprise that parents everywhere are making the switch to bumGenius. The nappies significantly reduce landfill waste and take the pressure off your pocket! According to Go Real – the real nappy information service – parents using real nappies over disposables can save up to £500/€550!Commenting on the recent win, Maebh Collins, Director of Baba Me, said “I am absolutely thrilled about the news of the gold awards! They are a testament to the continual developments made by bumGenius who reinvent the reusable nappy market with their cutting edge design and easy-to-use products.”
To read up a little more:
* View a demonstration of how to use bumGenius nappies here and here
* Find out more about bumGenius nappies here
* Read a handy buying guide to reusable nappies here
Other useful items to have and available to buy on EarthMother:
* Extra inserts - you may prefer to add one as a booster pad at night - €4.99
* Flushable Nappy Liners - from €3.99
* Nappy Mesh Bag for inside your nappy bucket which can then be transferred into the washing machine - €5.99
* Waterproof Nappy Bag for when you are out and about - €5.99
* Nappy Wash - add a little bit to your normal washing powder for added antibacterial cleaning in the machine - €4.75
Still a bit confused???
Don't worry - you aren't alone, researching cloth nappies is a minefield!! If you have any questions at all that haven't been answered here, please give us a call on 01-8390086 or drop us an email and we will do our best to help.
bumGenius! Freetimes are quickly becoming a new favorite. They are an All-In-One, which means everything is sewn together, so there's no stuffing. The two flaps are arranged to adjust the absorbency and dry quickly. Fold the flaps in different ways to accommodate more absorbency in front, middle, or back. bumGenius! Freetimes are quickly becoming a new favorite. They are an All-In-One, which means everything is sewn together, so there's no stuffing. The two flaps are arranged to adjust the absorbency and dry quickly. Fold the flaps in different ways to accommodate more absorbency in front, middle, or back. The multiple layers of stay dry lined microfibre make this a very simple to use cloth nappy, and also quite quick drying.
This is a really simple to use all in one, once again bumGenius have proved themselves to be GENIUS when it comes to cloth nappies!
What makes the bumGenius Freetime One-Size All-in-One Diaper so popular:
- 3×3 snap down design* adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes (approximately 8-35+ pounds)
- Trim, snug and comfortable stretchy tabs* provide a custom fit
- One step cloth diaper - no stuffing!
- Two rows of snaps ensure a trim, bumGenius fit every time!
- Gentle leg elastic contains the mess!
- Semi-attached, stay dry inserts dry faster and allow for customized absorbency where your child needs it most
Some things to consider when chosing all-in-one bumgenius Freetimes or pocket Version 4 bumgenius:
- Freetimes have just lanuched and are getting great reviews all over the world already, becoming nearly as popular as the bestselling V4 that we have been so popular with Earthmother customers to date.
- Freetimes have sewn-in inserts so there is no need to stuff the insert into the pocket nappy, saving you some time (and in my case, I regularly get hangnails so saves my little fingies!).
- V4s are a little more flexible in that you can stuff them with extra inserts if you have a heavy wetter or your baby needs some extra padding at night.
- V4s can be tumble dried and will line dry or dry on the radiator a little quicker as they are separates.
- Freetimes have more microfleece overall for increased absorbency but even so are a slightly slimmer fit than the V4.
- Colours and closure options are the same.
Cloth diapering made even easier!
bumGenius Freetime All-In-One One-Size Cloth Diapers feature a patent pending butterfly closure system to provide a comfortable, trim fit. This simple design makes cloth diapering as easy as using disposables. The "no-stuff" system with semi-attached inserts is an ideal solution for families with a child in day-care or family members resistant to cloth diapers! Using the snaps on the front of the diaper, adjust the size if needed, put the diaper on your baby, wash, dry and re-use. No extra steps. No stuffing. No cover required. These one-size diapers are designed to fit most babies weighing between 8 and 35 pounds.
Only the Best for Your Baby
The soft, waterproof outer fabric keeps the diaper trim on your newborn and toddler. Soft, sueded inner fabric gently wicks moisture away from your baby's skin. Super stretchy, gentle leg and back elastic with rolled out casings keeps the yuk in and help to keep red marks away.
Fasten hook tabs to laundry tabs on slot cover.
Pre-wash cold. Wash hot (100F/40C) with cloth diaper safe detergent
Extra rinse. Line Dry.
No laundry additives. No fabric softeners.
Use 1/4 cup or 60 mL bleach in the hot wash once per month.
Posted by Ruth and Bumgenius baby Finn on 15th Mar 2012
I really love these nappies. I wanted to try them since my son was born, but was nervous about the initial cost without knowing how they would work out. The "try out" scheme offered by Earth Mother is excellent- 2 weeks gives you a great feeler for them. I have now purchased some, and am so happy I had a chance to see how easy, clean, comfy for my baby, and eco friendly they are before I took the plunge. I would recommend these nappies (and the support offered by Earth Mother throughout the trial) very highly. Thanks!
Posted by Vivian on 2nd Aug 2011
I love these cloth nappies. They are a little extra work but well worth it. Definitely more comfortable for baby with little or no nappy rash. More economical and of course no waste. They wash very well and mostly dry quickly. I use disposables sometimes for travel etc but always go back to the cloth. I love them! The waterproof overwrap are great for night-time.
Ps Thank you Siobhan and Chris...you are both very helpfully and most obliging.
Posted by Maria on 12th Jun 2011
we had a baby girl Órla 3 months ago and we are delighted with the bum genius nappies! having 20 nappies would be great, we find that we're constantly washing the 10 and sometimes find ourselves with none left
Posted by claire and baby nevaeh on 30th May 2011
Were using bumgenius on our daughter now the last month, I was a bit nervous to start with but siobhan was great and put me at ease and I haven't looked back, were saving on nappies and our black bin, we haven't put it out since we bought our nappies. The bonus is there no chemicals touching our baby skin. You'd be mad not to buy them!!!
Posted by Mari and baby Kristin on 4th Apr 2011
We have been using the Bumgenius nappies on our daughter since she was 9 pounds. They are working as well or better than the disposables we have used. The reduction in waste is amazing and we feel much happier knowing that there are no chemicals next to our baby's skin. Our baby daughter is happy and we would recommend the Bumgenius to anyone.
Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency.